Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll

Thanks to Yahoo's writing style guidelines, I've shaped up my writing. No more wasting space for me! My title has things that everyone is interested in: sexual theme, reference to illicit drugs, and a meaningless reference to music. Everyone feels comfortable with this Cliche!

This is actually a post about my results from the Writers Diet. I'll assume that by this point, most of those who began reading my post have gone back to trolling Facebook or laughing at Cat Memes. The writers diet is a program which examines one's writing and quantifies, rates, and graphs the authors use of the the parts of speech. The analogy is that the Writers Diet is a doctor looking at your blood sugar and vitamin levels and making suggestions on what food groups you need to cut back on.

I feel pretty good about my results. Hopefully this picture can draw some of the readership back into my story, so here goes:
I'm led to feel pretty good about this. Never in my life have I been called "Fit and (or) Trim," so this is a pleasant change of pace. I think I mainly need to thin out my use of prepositions (of, for, in, from, to, etc.)  so I've decided to embolden all of the prepositions I see. Aside from my flabby prepositions, I'm as happy as a seagull with a french fry. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. We'll see how it goes in the last post. I think this was due at 6:30 on the 8th. It has a time stamp of 8:49 pm. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete